Project 333



I have been hearing a lot about minimalism lately and even if it is probably just a coincidence, it still really calls me. The only problem I really have with this lifestyle is that since I still live with my parents I don't really control the amount of things we bring and keep into our home.

One of the only ways that could help me be more of a minimalist was project 333. I heard about it on The minimalists' podcast although Courtney Carver from Be more with less is the one who started it. Project 333 is a challenge where you have to dress with 33 items of clothing or less for a period of 3 months.
The 33 items include clothing, shoes, accessories, bags and outerwear but it doesn't include your, athletic clothes, swimwear, pyjamas and lounge clothes unless you also wear them out of your house.

On the 12th of October, I started doing project 333: I put all my clothes on the floor and started decluttering. I separated my stuff into three piles: Hate, like and love. I then donated all of the clothes in the first pile and put all of the clothes from the second pile in a box that I shoved in the back of my closet. I was then left with the surprisingly very few items that made me feel good and that I actually wore on a day-to-day basis.

It really hasn't been that hard since I emptied out my closet. On the opposite, since I put away all the clothes I didn't really wear, it's been a lot easier to get dressed in the morning. Since the beginning of the project, I have brought back one pair of more comfortable pants and a cardigan because I realized that I needed more comfy clothes. I also bought one dress because I needed a fancier outfit for the holidays.

I think that one of the things that helped me the most is that I started the project with one of my friends so we cleaned our closets together and we really pushed each other. I now only have 32 pieces of clothing and I have never felt like I had nothing to wear in the morning.





Image result for project 333

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Unique Summer Camp

top 5 places I have visited